Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:11:18 +1000, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:

KB 973904 is now on its third revision and has a FixIt button.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904

Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Wright Tony Wright is offline

I have Word 2003 running on XP Professional with Service Pack 3 and all updates that I have been invited to install. I know this topic is getting old but I have only recently started experiencing the problem. It occurs intermittently and when it does, by the time I have dismissed the message box that appears, either by clicking OK or the close button, the document opens as an empty document in Courier font. The file is reduced to a zero byte file. In other words, the file is destroyed. I would not like this to happen to a document that might have taken days to create. In each case the files were created with Word 2003.

I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet but since nobody else has complained of their files being destroyed, I thought you would like to know. It seems I will have to back up my files on a daily or bi-daily basis until this can be fixed, so that I don't destroy hours of work simply by attempting to open a file. This would be the most serious problem I have encountered in fifteen years of using Word. If Microsoft caused it, they need a good kick in the corporate pants.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-mswrd632.wpc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Wright Tony Wright is offline

This is a quick follow up to my last post. I used the Fixit button from KB 973904. I then tried to open the most recently destroyed file and the error message recurred. After shutting down and restarting Word, the same file opened without the error message, as did intact files.

Until I am confident that the Fixit fixed it, I will be backing up religiously and frequently.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-mswrd632.wpc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tonyfarr tonyfarr is offline

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote:

A couple of days ago, I started getting this error message

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Sometimes it will pop up twice, sometimes 3 times.

I did a search on this phrase and found articles on Lotus Notes and
Mail Merge. I have never used Notes. I have never used Mail Merge on
this PC.

I'm running Office 2007 on Win XP. I believe I have all the latest
updates.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amit[_2_] Amit[_2_] is offline

Try this link:

http://www.wincert.net/tips/1786-wor...wpc-error.html

This should work. It worked for me

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-mswrd632.wpc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Charles is offline

Try using this site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 and then clicking
on "Fix It For Me" that is about half way down the page.

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote:

A couple of days ago, I started getting this error message

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Sometimes it will pop up twice, sometimes 3 times.

I did a search on this phrase and found articles on Lotus Notes and
Mail Merge. I have never used Notes. I have never used Mail Merge on
this PC.

I'm running Office 2007 on Win XP. I believe I have all the latest
updates.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kelly[_3_] Kelly[_3_] is offline

It seems this was a problem for me as well. And after thinking about it, common sense kicked in and told me one thing....DELETE THE WORD PAD DOCUMENT...Ya see, i originally created and saved the document in word pad and then i tried changing it later to a .doc document, just by renaming it. So, i copied the info from the word pad document, opened a new Microsoft "WORD" document, pasted the info into the "WORD" document, and saved it. Then, I deleted the original word pad document that was in word pad. And now, problem solved!!!!!!!!!......Maybe this was easier for me, than it is for some of you?....
Hope it helps though?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-mswrd632.wpc