Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Bridges Terry Bridges is offline

Default Spell check and words in UPPER case letters

Word 2007 "Ignore words in UPPER case" is checked and works however it is
overridden by the "Auto-Correct/auto format "replace text as you type"
feature.
Add the letters cna to your "replace text list" and replace it with can, a
common typo... then in a new doc type CNA somewhere in your doc and word will
replace it with CAN... this holds true for other combos as well TEH to THE..
etc etc.

cna and teh are in the auto format list by default as well as others but you
can't see them unless you try to add them...

Oddly enough if you type CNA as the first 3 letter of a new doc it will not
be changed...
Something wrong with this logic I think

--
Terry

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Proofing and AutoCorrect are unrelated features (except insofar as they both
help towards correcting one's spelling) - it isn't a question of one
overriding the other.

As for the rest of what you say, I'm not sure I fully understand, but I can
not replicate anything approaching it - I always get CNA replaced by CAN,
regardless of other settings.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Terry Bridges" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

Hi Terry Bridges

Autocorrect
cna is in Autocorrect for can and is a default setting it should be deleted.
In Australia cna is ACN acronym for Australian Company Number and is a
default autocorrect on install.

The other one you need to delete in Autocorrect is:

i replace with I

If you use roman numerals you will always get I as in I can do that and not
i) I can do that.

These are the only two defaults that need to be deleted that are PITAs.

Janine