Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Camenz Camenz is offline

Default Can't insert textbox in microsoft word 2003 as it freezes

When I try to insert textbox I get the canvas but when I try to draw my own
inside I get nothing, nd canvas text box disappears and word document
freezes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Given that Word has crashed - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
Then restart Word and from tools options general turn off the drawing
canvas, which is not necessary to insert a text box. Also check tools
options view drawings.
If you can place a text box but not see it, you may have set the default
autoshape settings to include no line around the box. Change it back again.

Camenz wrote:
When I try to insert textbox I get the canvas but when I try to draw
my own inside I get nothing, nd canvas text box disappears and word
document freezes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Camenz Camenz is offline

Hi,
Where can I find the default for the autoshape settings I have done the rest
.. Thanks

Charles

Camenz wrote:
When I try to insert textbox I get the canvas but when I try to draw
my own inside I get nothing, nd canvas text box disappears and word
document freezes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But note that AutoShape defaults apply to the current document, only,
so setting the defaults for all blank documents would require changing
them in Normal (the blank document template): First, open Normal as a
document (see "The simplest fix: cleaning up Normal.dot" section of
the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...cNotBlank.htm). Then,
insert a text box, modify it as needed, right-click and Set AutoShape
Defaults. Finally, delete the text box. Save and close normal.dot.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
After formatting the AutoShape as desired, right-click on it and

choose Set
AutoShape Defaults.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Upgrading to Microsoft Word 2003, compatability issues with Word 9 dharmadata Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 06 11:49 PM