Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLP DLP is offline

Default How can I change default font of labels?

I know how to change the font style for my envelope address and return, but
when I change it on the Label tab, it doesn't seem to work. It seems stuck
on the Normal font. I am using Word 2003, but this was also a problem on
previous versions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Your observation is correct. The Envelopes feature uses specific
styles for the delivery address and return address, but the Labels
feature uses the Normal style. It's as if the two features were
written by different programmers who never talked to each other.

You're stuck with selecting the label text in the address box,
right-clicking, and choosing Font or Paragraph. Alternatively, you can
click the New Document button and then apply any style to the contents
of the document.

This behavior hasn't changed in Word 2007.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:20:01 -0700, DLP
wrote:

I know how to change the font style for my envelope address and return, but
when I change it on the Label tab, it doesn't seem to work. It seems stuck
on the Normal font. I am using Word 2003, but this was also a problem on
previous versions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLP DLP is offline

Thanks for your response. Your suggestion is what I have been doing. It's
frustrating to do all the repetitive action. I tried creating a macro, but
it doesn't seem to work, either.

wrote:

I know how to change the font style for my envelope address and return, but
when I change it on the Label tab, it doesn't seem to work. It seems stuck
on the Normal font. I am using Word 2003, but this was also a problem on
previous versions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a new document from the wizard, change the normal.style in that
document to what you want then save it as a template. Create new label
documents from the template.