Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Change minus sign.

I find the minus sign for all fonts to be ridiculously small. I wish
to permanently change it to en dash on the alphanumeric keyboard
(don't mind leaving it as it is on the numeric keypad - prefer it
actually especially as changing it might affect the Numeric Lock
operations) . How do I do it? I'm on Word 2000. Thanks! (you
experts out there) - Nicky.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using the Unicode character 2212 for the minus sign? It is very
similar to the en dash in size. If you're using the hyphen (002D), you might
want to use 2212 instead.

"Nicky" wrote in message
ups.com...
I find the minus sign for all fonts to be ridiculously small. I wish
to permanently change it to en dash on the alphanumeric keyboard
(don't mind leaving it as it is on the numeric keypad - prefer it
actually especially as changing it might affect the Numeric Lock
operations) . How do I do it? I'm on Word 2000. Thanks! (you
experts out there) - Nicky.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Murray Tim Murray is offline

On Jan 1, 2007, Nicky wrote:
I find the minus sign for all fonts to be ridiculously small. I wish
to permanently change it to en dash on the alphanumeric keyboard
(don't mind leaving it as it is on the numeric keypad - prefer it
actually especially as changing it might affect the Numeric Lock
operations) . How do I do it? I'm on Word 2000. Thanks! (you
experts out there) - Nicky.

While Unicode calls for a minus sign, many typographers use an en-dash, and
you don't have to worry about the particular font. Use Alt+0150 on the
numeric keypad.

If you're going to be doing all the publishing and not passing docs around to
others who may not have Unicode font sets, then use a Unicode 2212, as
Suzanne Barnhill said.

As far as actual remapping, perhaps some third-party macro program could
remap it or assign a one-character macro to it.