Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tan Tan is offline

Default Changing the layout of Word 07

Ok I recently upgraded to Word 07 from Word 03. I don't really like the
layout of it, for example the buttons and the tabs. Is there anyway I can
keep Word 07 and make it "Look" like Word 03, with the classic menu drop down
boxes?

One thing I realized after upgrading, I have to hunt down on trying to
figure out how to use certain feature through help, since it seems like
everything was moved around between 03 and 07. And that is a bit of a pain
for me.

Thanks
Tan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There is no "classic" UI in Word 2007, and, aside from being able to add
commands to the QAT, there is no easy way to customize it. But you can get a
Word 2003 command reference (which shows where to find things in Word 2007)
from Word's Help (I believe) or at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx or
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...1 00625841033

"Tan" wrote in message
Ok I recently upgraded to Word 07 from Word 03. I don't really like the
layout of it, for example the buttons and the tabs. Is there anyway I can
keep Word 07 and make it "Look" like Word 03, with the classic menu drop

down
boxes?

One thing I realized after upgrading, I have to hunt down on trying to
figure out how to use certain feature through help, since it seems like
everything was moved around between 03 and 07. And that is a bit of a pain
for me.

Thanks
Tan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Also, for help with finding the Word 2003 commands, you can click on the
Help button, select What's New and choose Reference: Locations of Word 2003
Commands in Word 2007.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP