Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default why does word save my file wtih a docx extension?

why does word save my file wtih a docx extension?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Word 2007, that is the default file format. If you want your
documents to be compatible with previous versions, instead choose Word
97-2003 format.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jim" wrote in message
why does word save my file wtih a docx extension?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 19 dec, 17:19, Jim wrote:
why does word save my file wtih a docx extension?

Because as of Word 2007, a new format is used to store your document
in. This means that people with older versions of Word have to
download the compability pack (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-
C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en) to be able to see your files or you have
to store them in the older format (Office button - Save As - Word 97
- 2003 Document).

Note that if you use the older format to store your files in, some of
the new features such as equations and citations are not available.

Yves