Barb R.

Default Updating Numbering for Multiple Documents

I've been creating a TOC using the following information:

Within these multiple documents, I have section 5.2.1.1 in one document,
5.2.1.2 in another document and so on. I also have styles assigned to each
level of the numbering down to level 5. I am finding that my numbering
styles are being reset somehow and I'm not sure why. I'm also seeing the
section numbers being displayed as 5 . 2 . 1 . 2

Can someone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Barb Reinhardt
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Barb R." wrote in message
I've been creating a TOC using the following information:

Within these multiple documents, I have section 5.2.1.1 in one document,
5.2.1.2 in another document and so on. I also have styles assigned to
each
level of the numbering down to level 5. I am finding that my numbering
styles are being reset somehow and I'm not sure why. I'm also seeing the
section numbers being displayed as 5 . 2 . 1 . 2

Can someone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Barb Reinhardt

Barb R.

The only thing I've really found is that the upper level style (analogous to
Heading 1) was not based on "NO STYLE". I've "updated" the numberingfor the
current selection to match the numbering I want and it seems to keep
reverting back. I have no idea what to try now. BTW, I'm working on a
separate version of these docs and not the "originals" until I figure this
out.

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

--

"Barb R." wrote in message
I've been creating a TOC using the following information:

Within these multiple documents, I have section 5.2.1.1 in one document,
5.2.1.2 in another document and so on. I also have styles assigned to
each
level of the numbering down to level 5. I am finding that my numbering
styles are being reset somehow and I'm not sure why. I'm also seeing the
section numbers being displayed as 5 . 2 . 1 . 2

Can someone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Barb Reinhardt

Barb R.

I have found that turing off "Automatically Update Document Styles" in
Templates and Add-ins, turns this off. I still don't quite understand it
all, but I'm sure it will come in time.