Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

Default Grammar check!

Word 2000. Just found irrefutable proof of something I've long suspected,
and that is the inconsistency and self-contradictory tendency of the grammar
checker.

I was editing a document that contained the expression 'well-being'. On f7,
Word objected and wanted to substitute the two words unhyphenated. OK, only
one mention of the expression so no consistency problems. Let's go with
Microsoft this time. So I accepted but Microsoft now wanted the hyphen back!
I accepted again. Back to the original objection. Repeated acceptances just
left me in a loop. It seemed nothing would satisfy the beast...