Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Messed-up table

Several days ago I did a database and main doc for a merge. The merge came
out fine.

Today I looked at the database table, and several rows on each page appeared
to be stacked on top of each other. When I printed it, they also printed on
top of each other.

I then changed the view to 200% ,and onscreen they looked fine. But when I
printed it, same thing--rows on top of each other.

What in the world did I do that I shouldn't have done? I've done many such
jobs and never had this problem before.

Now I feel as messed up as the table! Thanks for helping me through the
years.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alice Alice is offline

Sounds as though your printer driver has changed. Did you print to a
different printer, or did your default printer change in any other way?
--
Alice.

"Island Girl" wrote:

Several days ago I did a database and main doc for a merge. The merge came
out fine.

Today I looked at the database table, and several rows on each page appeared
to be stacked on top of each other. When I printed it, they also printed on
top of each other.

I then changed the view to 200% ,and onscreen they looked fine. But when I
printed it, same thing--rows on top of each other.

What in the world did I do that I shouldn't have done? I've done many such
jobs and never had this problem before.

Now I feel as messed up as the table! Thanks for helping me through the
years.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Hi, Alice:

Thanks so much for your reply.

To my knowledge the printer driver has not been changed and it's the same
printer I always use. Strange, isn't it?

I finally kept pasting it onto a new document and it finally worked--how or
why, I don't know.

Thanks again, Alice, for your thoughts.

"Island Girl" wrote:

Several days ago I did a database and main doc for a merge. The merge came
out fine.

Today I looked at the database table, and several rows on each page appeared
to be stacked on top of each other. When I printed it, they also printed on
top of each other.

I then changed the view to 200% ,and onscreen they looked fine. But when I
printed it, same thing--rows on top of each other.

What in the world did I do that I shouldn't have done? I've done many such
jobs and never had this problem before.

Now I feel as messed up as the table! Thanks for helping me through the
years.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Go into Table Properties and check the wrap on your table. Change it to
None if it is set to anything else.

PamC

Island Girl wrote:
Hi, Alice:

Thanks so much for your reply.

To my knowledge the printer driver has not been changed and it's the same
printer I always use. Strange, isn't it?

I finally kept pasting it onto a new document and it finally worked--how or
why, I don't know.

Thanks again, Alice, for your thoughts.

Sounds as though your printer driver has changed. Did you print to a
different printer, or did your default printer change in any other way?

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]