Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mommio2 mommio2 is offline

Default Exiting Word

I'm a little puzzled. I just took an online test that asked me to exit Word
without using the X and without using the Exit command on the File menu.
The only other way I can think of is to use Ctrl/Alt/Delete, but that would
probably have taken me out of the test. I'm sure there is a simple answer.
Anyone? Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

mommio2 wrote:
I'm a little puzzled. I just took an online test that asked me to
exit Word without using the X and without using the Exit command on
the File menu. The only other way I can think of is to use
Ctrl/Alt/Delete, but that would probably have taken me out of the
test. I'm sure there is a simple answer. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

Alt+F4 will close almost any Windows program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Control+F4 close the active document, Alt+F4 close the active application.

"mommio2" wrote in message
I'm a little puzzled. I just took an online test that asked me to exit
Word without using the X and without using the Exit command on the File
menu. The only other way I can think of is to use Ctrl/Alt/Delete, but
that would probably have taken me out of the test. I'm sure there is a
simple answer. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

how do you close and save doc w/o exiting word haridoa Microsoft Word Help 1 June 3rd 08 03:10 PM
How do I save changes to toolbars in Word on exiting? sanbo001 Microsoft Word Help 2 August 23rd 06 12:27 AM
Exiting Word Page Layout 11 January 22nd 06 09:13 PM
Word exiting without asking to save changes Schorn Microsoft Word Help 1 January 15th 06 04:49 AM
Exiting Word 2002 Mike the Inept Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 03:40 PM