Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RosyF

Default How do I remove highlighting from a style?

Hi
I accidently used highlighting on a heading style and now all those heading
styles are highlighted. I can't seem to remove the highlighting from the
Format Styles area. I don't see where it's set in format paragraph or
borders, because I applied the highlighting from the toolbar.
Thanks for your help!
Rosy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use Find and Replace:

1. Click more to expand the dialog.

2. With the insertion point in the "Find what" box (which you will leave
blank), click Format: Highlight.

3. With the insertion point in the "Replace with" box (also blank), click
Format: Highlight *twice* to get Format: Not Highlight.

4. Replace All.

"RosyF" wrote in message
Hi
I accidently used highlighting on a heading style and now all those

heading
styles are highlighted. I can't seem to remove the highlighting from the
Format Styles area. I don't see where it's set in format paragraph or
borders, because I applied the highlighting from the toolbar.
Thanks for your help!
Rosy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RosyF

Thanks, but that doesn't work. Even though I see the highlighting, the Find
tool doesn't find it. I think the problem has to do with the fact that
highlighting is part of a character style and this is a paragraph style. Any
ideas?

"RosyF" wrote in message
Hi
I accidently used highlighting on a heading style and now all those

heading
styles are highlighted. I can't seem to remove the highlighting from the
Format Styles area. I don't see where it's set in format paragraph or
borders, because I applied the highlighting from the toolbar.
Thanks for your help!
Rosy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Highlighting is not one of the properties that can be associated with a
style. Almost certainly what you are seeing is text shading. If the
"highlighting" is applied by a character style, why not search for and
remove that style?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use Find and Replace:

1. Click more to expand the dialog.

2. With the insertion point in the "Find what" box (which you will leave
blank), click Format: Highlight.

3. With the insertion point in the "Replace with" box (also blank),

click
Format: Highlight *twice* to get Format: Not Highlight.

4. Replace All.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.