p00ts

Default On 2 column page layout can I put page numbers on each column

We are creating a document that needs two columns and a line between each
column as a divider on landscape A4 paper. Each column needs to be treated as
a seperate page as well.

We originally just used an landscaped A4 layout with two columns. We
probably could put the line in easily but we don't know of a way to page
number the columns. That means we'd have to work out something that leads to
numbering each column individiually and we're talking about hundreds of pages.

We're also trying a two page layout on landscaped A4. That solves the page
numbering issue and does everything except we don't know of a way to get a
line down the centre.

What is the best solution to our situation or is there even a realistic
solution?

We're personally think the line isn't required but the boss thinks so and
thus why we're trying to get one in.

You might be able to come up with a line using a partial page border, but it
would be iffy. If you want to go back to using columns (with a line
between), see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Print2Pages.htm. But I
agree that the line is superfluous, and "Two pages per sheet" (in Page
Setup) is definitely the way to go.