Sherrie Deen

Default Search and Replace not working if I select a Format for Heading St

Using Word 2003. I have tried this on 2 computers with 2 different documents,
same results.

When I search and replace a 0^t with Heading 1 style format and replace with
nothing and Heading 1 style format, Word finds the 0 and tab on the Heading
1, but does not replace it. It just goes to the next one and finds it and
does not replace it.

If I replace it with something.. even a space, then it works, but I don't
want a space I want word to remove the 0^t on only Heading 1's.

I used to be able to do this in Word 97.. It seems something is amiss in 2003?

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
Sherrie Deen