Problem: "Insert Merge Field" button is greyed-out

Old June 14th 06, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problem: "Insert Merge Field" button is greyed-out

I am trying to create a WORD 2003 mail merge document and I want to insert an
address merge field. The "Insert Word Field" button is active, however, the
"Insert Merge Field" button to the left of it, that I need, is greyed out.

How can I activate the "Insert Merge Field" button? I will appreciate advice.
Old June 14th 06, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That button will not become active until you have attached a data source to
the main document. Use the second button from the left hand end of the
toolbar to do that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.