Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LizConfusedEditor LizConfusedEditor is offline

Default How do I move a picture in a newsletter

Hi. I'm doing a newsletter using text boxes, both as item headings and
linked for the main articles. I want to insert pictures above and/or to the
right of the text boxes - but pictures just insert at the top of the page
[the usual insertion point] and refuse to budge! How do I move them around?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure the wrapping for the pictures is not set to "In line with text."
For example, you can set it to "Square". Then you should be able to drag the
object.

To set the wrapping:

- In Word 2003, you can use Format | object, Layout tab.

- In Word 2007, on the Page Layout tab of the ribbon, click Text Wrapping in
the Arrange group.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LizConfusedEditor" wrote in message
Hi. I'm doing a newsletter using text boxes, both as item headings and
linked for the main articles. I want to insert pictures above and/or to
the
right of the text boxes - but pictures just insert at the top of the page
[the usual insertion point] and refuse to budge! How do I move them
around?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

With all due respect to the Word MVPs, Publisher is really the way to go
with newsletters if you have it. I'm constantly fighting Word to put
graphics where I want than and each time I do I curse the demons that won't
get me Publisher in the office.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"LizConfusedEditor" wrote in
message ...
Hi. I'm doing a newsletter using text boxes, both as item headings and
linked for the main articles. I want to insert pictures above and/or to
the
right of the text boxes - but pictures just insert at the top of the page
[the usual insertion point] and refuse to budge! How do I move them
around?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marion Alexander Marion Alexander is offline

right click on the picture and a menu will appears. Select "Format Picture"
from the menu and then go to the layout tap in the pop screen that will
appear. I think your picture wrapping style will be set to "in line with
text" this is always my default. When its set to in line with text then it
is always going to be stuck at the left hand margin with text above and
below. I usually change to in front text. You can move the picture to where
you want and position the text behind it using carriage returns.