Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help sheila need word print help is offline

Default WHY ARE MY NEWLY CREATED WORD/EXCEL DOC PRINTING BLANK SHEETS?

can any one help me, i can print word and excel docs that i created on this
lap top and printer at home 3 weeks ago, but newly created word and excel
docs are just printing as blank pages, even a two page letter is coming out
as a two page blank paper, i can still emails and web things ie bbc weather
page to my home printer.

i have not touched any setting on my home lap top or printer ? weird, can
any one shed any light on this urgent problem, thank you sheila London
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Sheila,

If your printer doesn't have a colour cartridge, ignore this post.

If it does have one, then what follows might help, but from what you've said
I thinks it's unlikely ... but you never know!

I belive that by default Word formats text with a colour of "Automatic"
(meaning that the colour adapts itself to the background - light on a dark
background and dark on a light background).

When text with "Automatic" colour is on a white background it looks like
black, but from stuff I've seen in these newsgroups it seems that it isn't
true black. Instead it's a mixture of colours which simulates black. I
believe I've read that when this gets to the printer it uses the colour
cartridge rather than the black ink cartridge and if the colour cartridge is
empty you get blank pages.

Possibly your earlier documents had a "true" black font colour.

Try formatting some text as black and see if the printer prints it.

If this isn't the problem I can't think of anything else to suggest. (But
hopefully somebody else can :-))

Regards.

Ed

"sheila need word print help" wrote:

can any one help me, i can print word and excel docs that i created on this
lap top and printer at home 3 weeks ago, but newly created word and excel
docs are just printing as blank pages, even a two page letter is coming out
as a two page blank paper, i can still emails and web things ie bbc weather
page to my home printer.

i have not touched any setting on my home lap top or printer ? weird, can
any one shed any light on this urgent problem, thank you sheila London

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

"sheila need word print help" wrote:

can any one help me, i can print word and excel docs that i created on this
lap top and printer at home 3 weeks ago, but newly created word and excel
docs are just printing as blank pages, even a two page letter is coming out
as a two page blank paper, i can still print emails and web things ie bbc weather
page to my home printer.

i have not touched any setting on my home lap top or printer ? weird, can
any one shed any light on this urgent problem, thank you sheila London

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

Default to ED, i do have a colour cartride, and black, thanks 4 yr reply

Hi Ed, thanks anway for yr kind reply, but as u said, i DO have a colour
cartride, it is so weird why my newly created wor/ excel docs are printing as
blank sheets, as i said befor, i can print my 2 week old docs, and even if i
cut paste and copy an old 2 wk word , excel doc on to a new blank shEet, it
still prints the old doc RE NAMED ETC ! so weird, i can print WORD ART, and
word clip art new created docs, i am baffled why its just new word letters ad
excel spreadsheets ( new ones ) aghhhhh Sheila, LOndon x

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Sheila,

It is weird!

There are a couple of things you can check in Word (I don't know about
Excel) just to eliminate them as possible causes. I'm pretty sure they aren't
the problem because they shouldn't produce your exact symptoms but I think
it's worth checking them anyway.

1. Click inside some text and get to the font dialog and check that the font
is not set to be hidden. In pre-2007 Word, use FormatFont, and in Word 2007
use the little arrow at the bottom of the Font group on the Home tab.

2. In pre-2007 Word go to "ToolsOptionsPrintOptions for current document
only" and check that "Print data only for forms" is not ticked. In Word 2007,
the option is "Print data only for a form" and you can get to it by "Office
ButtonWord OptionsAdvancedWhen printing this document".

The following thread might be relevant to your problem; it doesn't contain a
resolution but there are a couple of links to MS KB articles that might help:

le.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/browse_thread/thread/77e51355e7dd2f10/8a08dc541d56e953?lnk=st&q=print+%22blank+page%22+g roup%3Amicrosoft.public.word.*&rnum=211&hl=en#8a08 dc541d56e953

Given that both Word and Excel are affected, I think I'd try a "Detect and
Repair" as mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826845/. You may need
the installation CD for that.

If you post back, can you say what versions of Office and Windows you're
using?

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Default to ED, i do have a colour cartride, and black, thanks 4 yr re

Hello again,

If you post back, can you say what versions of Office and Windows you're
using?

And make and model of printer as well :-)

Regards.

Ed

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hello again :-)

Just noticed the broken hyperlink following "The following thread ...".

It should be:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic... dc541d56e953

Cheers.

Ed

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

Default HELLO ED, FROM SHEILA, RE PRINTING BLANKS PROB, ON NEW DOCS ONLY

HI ED, THANKS FOR EMAILS, I HAVE TRIED GOING IN TO ..TOOLS, OPTIONS,PRINT,
OPTION, AND ..PRINT DATA ONLY FOR FORMS BOX IS NOT TICKED.... SI THAT IS
NOT THE PROBLEM HA HA,

I BOUGHT THIS BRAND NEW LAP TOP NOV 2006 FROM PC WORLS LONDOM, ITS ADVENT, I
BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE FROM PC WORLD TOO, I HAVE ..OFFICE, STUDENT AND TEACHER
EDITION 2003, WHICH WAS BOUGHT BRAND NEW £70 CONTAINS, WORD 2003, EXCEL 2003,
OUTLOOK 2003, POWERPOINT 2003, I HAVE A HP PRINTER 3 YRS OLS HP 5550 ? OR
5552 THEY ARE BOTH MUCH THE SAME, WHEN MY OLD PC AT HOME BLEW UP NOV 2006 I
LOST ALL MY DATA, SO I HAD TO DOWN LOAD THE PRINTER SOFTWARE FROM HE WEB AS I
COULD NOT FIND THE CD SOFTWARE THAT CAME WITH THE PRINTER WHEN I BOUHT THE
PRINTER BRAND NEW 3 RS AGO ?

IT IS WEIRD THAT JUST 3 WKS AGO THE PRITING OF WORD, EXCEL NEWLY CREATED
DOCS, LETTRS, SPREADSHEETS WEE PRINTING FINE, AS I SAID I HAVE NOT TOUCHED
ANT BUTTONS AT ALL SINCE I LAST CREATED AND PRINTED A WORD DOC 3 WKS AGO,
WAS EVEN WAY ON HOLIDAY AND MY FLAT WAS EMPTY, NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER TOUCHED
THIS LAP TOP, NOT EVEN MY CAT HA HA. I DONT USE WORD AND EXCEL MUCH AT HOME,
A BIG MYSTERY AND A PAIN THAT I CAN PRINT ALL OLD DOCS AND THE DOC WORD
LETTER I TYPED AND PRINTED TWO WKS, AND THE FACT THAT THE BLANK PAGE PRINTING
AS HAPPENING IN BOTH WORD AND EXCEL BUT I CAN PRINT A NEW WORD DOC IF I GO IN
TO WORD ART , CLIP ART WORD, SO I AM REALLY CONFUSED.

IN MY IGNORANCE...WHEN I GET ..AUTOMATIC UPDATES..COMING THROUGH AT TIMES,
I DO CLICK ..OK UPDATE, BUT I DONT THINK I HAVE HAVE ONE OF THOSE RECENTLY,
IF I DID ? WOULD OR COULD THAT MAKE THE PRINT SAGA GO WRONG ???
I WILL TRY THAY MICRO SOFT WEB LINK THING U SENT ME.
I HAVE A MATE WHO IS GOD WITH COMPUTERS, BUT HE IS AWAY ON HOLIDAY IN HUNGARY.

ALSO WEIRD THAT I EMAILED MY TWO NEWLY CREATED WORD DOCS..LETTERS...TO MY
MATE JULIE AS WORD FILE NORMAL ATTACHMENTS ETC, VIA MY AOL EMAIL, AND SHE
COULD PRINT THEM OFF ON HER WORK COMPUTER WITH NO PROB, NO BLANKS, PERFECT
LETTERS, WHICH SHE KINDLY GAVE ME BY HAND SO I COULD SEND THEM BY
POST...ROYAL MAIL.

ARE U IN THE UK ? BEING NOSEY HA HA..

THANKS FOR BEARING U WITH MY MAD PROBLEM...

RGDS SHEILA
SOUTH LONDON

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

PS I FORGOT SAY....I HAVE WINDOWS XP..THE HOME EDITION, NOT A WORK
PROFESSIONAL/NETWORK VERSION, THE USUAL HOME XP , BOUGHT WITH THE LAP TOP NOV
2006. I EVEN GOT THE SHOP PC WORLD TO LOAD ALL THE SOFTWARE SET, INSTALL
DISCS TO SAVE ME MUCKING AROUND, AS MY PC MATE DONE ALL THAT FOR ME 5 YRS AGO
ON MY PC TOWER UNIT.

I KNOW IT WAS ALL SET UP OK, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING WORD, EXCEL
PERFECTLY SINCE NOV 2006 UNTIL THIS WEEKS PRINTING BLANK SHEETS NIGHT MARE
ONLY FOR NEW DOCS I AM TYPING.

I THINK I MAY THROW THE LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW HA HA

SHEILS, THANKS AGAIN....

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Sheila -

Just a word of advice - DUMP THE CAPS!

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"sheila need word print help"
wrote in message
PS I FORGOT SAY....I HAVE WINDOWS XP..THE HOME EDITION, NOT A WORK
PROFESSIONAL/NETWORK VERSION, THE USUAL HOME XP , BOUGHT WITH THE LAP TOP
NOV
2006. I EVEN GOT THE SHOP PC WORLD TO LOAD ALL THE SOFTWARE SET, INSTALL
DISCS TO SAVE ME MUCKING AROUND, AS MY PC MATE DONE ALL THAT FOR ME 5 YRS
AGO
ON MY PC TOWER UNIT.

I KNOW IT WAS ALL SET UP OK, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING WORD, EXCEL
PERFECTLY SINCE NOV 2006 UNTIL THIS WEEKS PRINTING BLANK SHEETS NIGHT
MARE
ONLY FOR NEW DOCS I AM TYPING.

I THINK I MAY THROW THE LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW HA HA

SHEILS, THANKS AGAIN....

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

Its a free country i the Uk the last time I checked ?

Thanks for the advice re dumping the caps . Do you work for Microsoft ? if
so, a bad advert for their P.R.

Good night, all my love and kisses xxx

From Sheila London, a democratic Country xxx CAP or no caps ha ha xx big
kiss from me.

wrote in message
PS I FORGOT SAY....I HAVE WINDOWS XP..THE HOME EDITION, NOT A WORK
PROFESSIONAL/NETWORK VERSION, THE USUAL HOME XP , BOUGHT WITH THE LAP TOP
NOV
2006. I EVEN GOT THE SHOP PC WORLD TO LOAD ALL THE SOFTWARE SET, INSTALL
DISCS TO SAVE ME MUCKING AROUND, AS MY PC MATE DONE ALL THAT FOR ME 5 YRS
AGO
ON MY PC TOWER UNIT.

I KNOW IT WAS ALL SET UP OK, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING WORD, EXCEL
PERFECTLY SINCE NOV 2006 UNTIL THIS WEEKS PRINTING BLANK SHEETS NIGHT
MARE
ONLY FOR NEW DOCS I AM TYPING.

I THINK I MAY THROW THE LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW HA HA

SHEILS, THANKS AGAIN....

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

Hello Ed

I have sorted the word Non printing problem......daft me........I just done
another test.....

It' because my black print cartridge is empty ! The new letters that have
typed yesterday were in Automatic Black, but the letter I types two wks ago I
chose navy, so, I changed the font colour on my newly created word docs to
navy and they printed.

I feel like a stupid fool now.

But its weird that my internet web pages ie the BBC weather page printed out
today, that must have had TRUE black in the print out, and my email are
printing in black, I guess true black too.

I knew I needed new cartridgs as they are quite faint and old !!

I will pop to the shops tomorrow to buy two new cartridges, the imfamous
Black and a new colour one !

Thanks so much for all your kind help.

Much appreciated

Sheila
London x

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No-one here works for Microsoft. Posts in All Caps are considered shouting -
and shouting is not the way to elicit the sort of response you expect from
people prepared to help you. Caps are also very hard to read.

sheila need word print help wrote:
Its a free country i the Uk the last time I checked ?

Thanks for the advice re dumping the caps . Do you work for Microsoft
? if so, a bad advert for their P.R.

Good night, all my love and kisses xxx

From Sheila London, a democratic Country xxx CAP or no caps ha ha xx
big kiss from me.

wrote in message
PS I FORGOT SAY....I HAVE WINDOWS XP..THE HOME EDITION, NOT A WORK
PROFESSIONAL/NETWORK VERSION, THE USUAL HOME XP , BOUGHT WITH THE
LAP TOP NOV
2006. I EVEN GOT THE SHOP PC WORLD TO LOAD ALL THE SOFTWARE SET,
INSTALL DISCS TO SAVE ME MUCKING AROUND, AS MY PC MATE DONE ALL
THAT FOR ME 5 YRS AGO
ON MY PC TOWER UNIT.

I KNOW IT WAS ALL SET UP OK, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING WORD, EXCEL
PERFECTLY SINCE NOV 2006 UNTIL THIS WEEKS PRINTING BLANK SHEETS
NIGHT MARE
ONLY FOR NEW DOCS I AM TYPING.

I THINK I MAY THROW THE LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW HA HA

SHEILS, THANKS AGAIN....

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheila need word print help[_2_] sheila need word print help[_2_] is offline

Default attn Graham Mayor

Dearest Graham
I know caps are ' shouting' but as I said I not doing a formal email to the
Queen of England, and emails are not classed as legal or formal ways of
communicating. Too many emails and not enough dace to face speech these days.

There are some bored and nosey people on here that can be bothered to to
send me trivial emails about my use of caps, it sad or what?

Love you lots

Sheila, big kiss xxxxxx

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

No-one here works for Microsoft. Posts in All Caps are considered shouting -
and shouting is not the way to elicit the sort of response you expect from
people prepared to help you. Caps are also very hard to read.

sheila need word print help wrote:
Its a free country i the Uk the last time I checked ?

Thanks for the advice re dumping the caps . Do you work for Microsoft
? if so, a bad advert for their P.R.

Good night, all my love and kisses xxx

From Sheila London, a democratic Country xxx CAP or no caps ha ha xx
big kiss from me.

wrote in message
PS I FORGOT SAY....I HAVE WINDOWS XP..THE HOME EDITION, NOT A WORK
PROFESSIONAL/NETWORK VERSION, THE USUAL HOME XP , BOUGHT WITH THE
LAP TOP NOV
2006. I EVEN GOT THE SHOP PC WORLD TO LOAD ALL THE SOFTWARE SET,
INSTALL DISCS TO SAVE ME MUCKING AROUND, AS MY PC MATE DONE ALL
THAT FOR ME 5 YRS AGO
ON MY PC TOWER UNIT.

I KNOW IT WAS ALL SET UP OK, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING WORD, EXCEL
PERFECTLY SINCE NOV 2006 UNTIL THIS WEEKS PRINTING BLANK SHEETS
NIGHT MARE
ONLY FOR NEW DOCS I AM TYPING.

I THINK I MAY THROW THE LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW HA HA

SHEILS, THANKS AGAIN....

Hello again,

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi Sheila,

I have sorted the word Non printing problem

Glad you got it sorted :-))

Thanks for letting us know what it was. My head was hurting.

Regards.

Ed, Hull

"Ed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, no one is sending you emails. This is a public forum ("newsgroup")
where you are posting for all to see. Most of those who give their time
voluntarily to provide help prefer to concentrate on posts that are at least
easy to read, even if they may be complex and difficult to understand. When
you eliminate all punctuation, proper capitalization, and grammar, you limit
the number of possible responders by putting artificial barriers in their
way. If this problem is important enough to you, you can stop eating and use
both hands. You can also confine your discussion to a single thread instead
of breaking it up into threads all over the place.

It is also worth noting that the very first answer you were given turned out
to be the solution, yet you wasted our time for several days with
belligerent replies to our requests for proper format.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

No-one here works for Microsoft. Posts in All Caps are considered

shouting -
and shouting is not the way to elicit the sort of response you expect

from
people prepared to help you. Caps are also very hard to read.

sheila need word print help wrote:
Its a free country i the Uk the last time I checked ?

Thanks for the advice re dumping the caps . Do you work for Microsoft
? if so, a bad advert for their P.R.

Good night, all my love and kisses xxx

From Sheila London, a democratic Country xxx CAP or no caps ha ha xx
big kiss from me.

wrote in message
PS I FORGOT SAY....I HAVE WINDOWS XP..THE HOME EDITION, NOT A WORK
PROFESSIONAL/NETWORK VERSION, THE USUAL HOME XP , BOUGHT WITH THE
LAP TOP NOV
2006. I EVEN GOT THE SHOP PC WORLD TO LOAD ALL THE SOFTWARE SET,
INSTALL DISCS TO SAVE ME MUCKING AROUND, AS MY PC MATE DONE ALL
THAT FOR ME 5 YRS AGO
ON MY PC TOWER UNIT.

I KNOW IT WAS ALL SET UP OK, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING WORD, EXCEL
PERFECTLY SINCE NOV 2006 UNTIL THIS WEEKS PRINTING BLANK SHEETS
NIGHT MARE
ONLY FOR NEW DOCS I AM TYPING.

I THINK I MAY THROW THE LAP TOP OUT THE WINDOW HA HA

SHEILS, THANKS AGAIN....

Hello again,