Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wasm0001

Default How do I remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in Word doc?

I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a watermark in
the Word Help section do not remove it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Presumably the 'instructions' you mention are based on the
FormatBackgroundPrinted Watermark feature, which may not have been used.

Try going to ViewHeader and Footer, select the unwanted stuff & press
Delete.

If that doesn't work the stuff may just be a text box with 'Behind Text'
wrapping applied, in which case you can use the Select Objects tool (white
arrow on the Drawing Toolbar next to the Draw button) to select the item &
delete it.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jelyho jelyho is offline

Default How do I remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in Word d

That didn't work for me.
When I copied and pasted into a new document, the "draft" came with the text.

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't see that Bob said anything about copying and pasting. What did you
copy and paste? If you copied the entire document, including the final
paragraph mark, then of course you brought the header (and watermark) along.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Presumably the 'instructions' you mention are based on the
FormatBackgroundPrinted Watermark feature, which may not have been
used.

Try going to ViewHeader and Footer, select the unwanted stuff & press
Delete.

If that doesn't work the stuff may just be a text box with 'Behind Text'
wrapping applied, in which case you can use the Select Objects tool
(white
arrow on the Drawing Toolbar next to the Draw button) to select the item
&
delete it.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a
watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jelyho jelyho is offline

Sorry, that was two separate thoughts.

I followed the directions for the removal of the watermark. That did not
work. Then, on the off chance that the watermark was part of the header, I
tried the instructing for the header, and that did not work, since it wasn't
part of the header.

Currently, the document still has the watermark, even though
FormatBackgroundWatermark is set to "No Watermark".

I am currently copying and pasting the 200 pages into a new document to
avoid having the watermark in the background. {on the plus side, that is
letting me do a final proofread paragraph by paragraph}.

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a
watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Aatermark is essentially a graphic with its layout option set behind the
text. It is usually placed in the header view so that it appears on each
page, but it could be separately placed on each page. Either way you can
select it using the white arrow pointer on the drawing toolbar.

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my
Word document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or
a watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A true watermark is nothing more or less than a graphic anchored to the page
header and formatted as Behind Text. When you use Format | Background |
Printed Watermark, you are using a Word feature that makes it easy to insert
such a graphic without being fully aware of what you're doing. When you do
this, the watermark *is* anchored to the header.

If your document has (or comes to have) more than one section, you may be
unable to remove the watermark from every section using the Printed
Watermark dialog, but you should still be able to remove it by opening the
header in each section, clicking on the graphic, and pressing Delete.

If the graphic is not anchored to the header, then it must be anchored to
text on the page (as unlikely as that seems). If that's the case, then you
need to select the Select Objects tool on the Drawing toolbar and use it to
select the graphic, then delete, but this would presumably have to be
repeated for every page. Although it is beyond comprehension that someone
would create a watermark this way, if it is not anchored to the header, then
it much be anchored to each page, and copy/pasting one page at a time would
not get rid of it.

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a
watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TM634 TM634 is offline

Try this. Go into Print, Properties, Effects, Watermarks. From there you
will have the option to choose "none" or select anoher watermark.

"wasm0001" wrote:

I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a watermark in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol S Butler Carol S Butler is offline

I had a problem with a watermark or background text (I didn't know which it
was) that I could not remove. Finally, I 'viewed header and footer', clicked
on 'show/hide document text' to remove the main text and then the 'watermark'
appeared on it's own and I clicked on this and deleted it and it was gone
from the whole document. I then clicked on 'show/hide document text' again
to bring back the main text. I really hope this helps someone, as I found it
soooo frustrating!

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a
watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
1977Dooley 1977Dooley is offline

Thankyou thankyou!!
I was having the same problem today as jelyho and tried everything, and this
was my last resort and worked. Cheers.

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a
watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boomer Boomer is offline

Thank you sooo much! I've spent my afternoon trying to get rid of a
watermark that only appeared on some pages. Fortunately I found your post &
was finally able to remove it!

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a
watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
copperpony copperpony is offline

Thanks so much! I was having a horrible time removing that stupid watermark.
Nothing else was working.
Thanks again!

"wasm0001" wrote in message
I am unable to remove the word "draft" that is watermarked in my Word
document in light green. The instructions to remove fill or a watermark
in
the Word Help section do not remove it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dirtdiva42 dirtdiva42 is offline

thanks so much for taking the time to post how you fixed this problem. i was
starting to get verry verrry frustrated! thanks!