Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Default 2007 Doc Properties Error

Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and Office
Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Do you also have InfoPath installed? If so, on the Developer tab, click
Document Information Panel and see if it's pointing to a non-existent file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and Office
Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

No Beth - using 2007 Professional Academic and the other install of same
version of software is showing Word Doc Props no problem (separate machine).
It worked last week!

Thanks for help.

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and Office
Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I had that problem right after Word 2007 was released. It's some kind of
settings problem, but I never was able to fix it (tried all kinds of
registry surgery, as well as copying entire directory trees from a working
profile to the one that wasn't working). In the end the only thing that
worked was to create a new user account in Windows. The new profile didn't
have the problem, and it hasn't recurred. A pain, yes... but it worked.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and Office
Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Thanks
I've sent a request to MS Support.
I have run Diagnostics, Repairs, Removed, Reinstalled (absolutely useless as
it came back with every setting I had before I uninstalled) -- nice to know
I have NO CONTROL over installations whatsover with MS?

I've tried turning things off? Shall give that a go.
Many thanks

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and Office
Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Herb,

You'll be pleased to know it did not work - settings were in default mode.
I opened Word first and Home Button Prepare Properties
same error.
Basically I cannot eradicate it... The new profile should have done the
trick.
I thought it wouldn't because I'd already accepted the allow file to be
downloaded from Office checked all 3 boxes on first install of program and
the Diagnostics told me I had not. So something is corrupt somewhere.

Many thanks for help ....

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and
Office Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Wow. That's amazing. I was convinced that creating a new profile would "fix"
the problem.

What happens when you click Document Panel in the Developer ribbon? What do
you see?

A work-around is to use the old Properties box. Right-click the Quick Access
Toolbar and choose Customize... Set commands to "All Commands", then find
Advanced Document Properties in the list of commands, and click Add. You
should now be able to access the old-style Properties dialog box by using
the tool on the QAT.

--

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and
Office Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

(the OP initially posted in my RibbonX forum).
Did you try renaming Normal.dot and Normal.dotm to something else and
then reopening Word? If that doesn't work, then it was suggested to me
that you should call Support (which you already did).
If Support manages to resolve the issue with you, please email me the
support incident number they give you (you have my email). I will try
and get the resolution from them and share it with everyone else.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and
Office Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Fred,

Is this machine a standalone? If not, is it trying to access data across a domain or from sharepoint?

What are the steps you're following when you see this error.

============
"Fred" wrote in message ...
Herb,

You'll be pleased to know it did not work - settings were in default mode.
I opened Word first and Home Button Prepare Properties
same error.
Basically I cannot eradicate it... The new profile should have done the
trick.
I thought it wouldn't because I'd already accepted the allow file to be
downloaded from Office checked all 3 boxes on first install of program and
the Diagnostics told me I had not. So something is corrupt somewhere.

Many thanks for help ....
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Patrick (yest it's me)

Yes I deleted Normal.dotm

Still same error.

Yes Patrick I will.

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and
Office Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

It is sometimes on a Wireless Network of 2 Machines. At the moment is
standalone with hard disk attached. And yes I use a SharePoint WebSite and
have Outlook Connector attached for email. And do SharePoint docs and
download/upload.
"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"Fred" wrote in message
Herb,

You'll be pleased to know it did not work - settings were in default mode.
I opened Word first and Home Button Prepare Properties
same error.
Basically I cannot eradicate it... The new profile should have done the
trick.
I thought it wouldn't because I'd already accepted the allow file to be
downloaded from Office checked all 3 boxes on first install of program and
the Diagnostics told me I had not. So something is corrupt somewhere.

Many thanks for help ....
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Office Button
Prepare
Properties
Error shows.

"Fred" wrote in message
Herb,

You'll be pleased to know it did not work - settings were in default mode.
I opened Word first and Home Button Prepare Properties
same error.
Basically I cannot eradicate it... The new profile should have done the
trick.
I thought it wouldn't because I'd already accepted the allow file to be
downloaded from Office checked all 3 boxes on first install of program and
the Diagnostics told me I had not. So something is corrupt somewhere.

Many thanks for help ....
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens when you click Document Panel in the Developer ribbon? Does
that generate an immediate error, or does it display the intermediate DIP
dialog box.

If you do see this dialog box, what happens if you tick the "Always show
Document Information Panel on document open and initial save" option? Does
it end up working, or does it evoke an immediate error when you open a
document?

--

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and
Office Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
essam essam is offline

I am facing the same problem with word 2007 , i am connecting to a sharepoint
server 2007 , the document information panel appears normaly on some machines
but on another ones i get the error " document information panel unable to
load "

hope to receive any help from you

thanks for your concern

"Fred" wrote:

Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and Office
Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

From your problem description, I understand that Error "The document
information panel was unable to load!"

Certainly have - it is a registry error, may you have better luck than I,
meaning I deleted the hard disk and reintalled (and no problem) but I did
speak to MS Support and one of the MVPs had the issue in Beta and did a New
Profile - that worked for him. It may work for you it did not work for me
and I ran out of time in 3 days and had to reinstall it was quicker than
scouring the registry to remove the error.

This is what I tried:
Deleting Normal.dotm did not work

Creating a new profile did not work (MPV offered this one)

Safe mode did not work

Neither repair nor diagnostics worked

Neither did uninstall and reinstall because the registry did not clear.

Support offered:

I appreciate that You done the basic steps of troubleshooting

This error most of time cause It because of the registry of application get
corrupt

Try Create new User account of the windows xp

Try to open the word application in new user account

Support 2
It's a new issue for us

Try open word in windows safe mode

Reboot computer

Tab F8 key on top of the keyboard continually

After reboot it show you the advance option

We need to select safe mode

And select the username [not the administrator account]

Select yes

Try to open word application

Check it is working in safe mode of window

There are some DLL registry search solutions will hunt them down if you
don't succeed with a NEW PROFILE - I think that's the way to go...

Much better luck than I had (even though I had lots of input).

www.docsliveonline.com