Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
1foxi 1foxi is offline

Default My margins are missing

Cheers. Its working now :-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, we've already established, I think, that it's your rulers (not your
margins) that are actually missing. View | Ruler should bring them back. If
you don't see the vertical ruler, make sure that check box is checked on the
View tab of Tools | Options. And note that if you had text boundaries
displayed, you'd get a visual representation of your margins, which I would
feel very much at sea without.

"1foxi" wrote in message
Hi Cybertaz,

I have white space yes. I just cant see the margin rules at the top or
sides!!!
I checked in Page set up and my margins are set to 2.54 (Left&Right) and
3.17 (top&Bottom).

This happens even if I open a old document or new doc!!

Cheers,

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Just so I'm clear - you're saying that no white space is visible on

either
of the 4 edges of the page when in Print Layout View *or* Print Preview.

Is
this one specific doc or with any doc including new ones? Your text runs
from edge to edge.

Before trying anything else you might just take a look in FilePage

Setup to
make sure your margins aren't set to 0. If there are valid values,

something
else is definitely wrong - especially if the side margins aren't showing

up.
There is no provision for hiding them such as the White Space feature

does
for Top & Bottom.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"1foxi" wrote in message
Hiya,

I just tried that but it still doesnt work :-(
I am using Word 2003

Thanks,

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Do you have your Zoom set to Text Width? Set it to Page Width

instead. If
that isn't it, what version of Word are we talking about?

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"1foxi" wrote in message
Hi,

Yes im in Print View... even if I go in any of the other views

though I
cant
see them!?

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Are you in Print Layout view (View Print Layout)?
The margins are not shown if you are in Normal view (View

Normal).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Word

"1foxi" wrote:

Im in word and my margins have just dissapeared. The top margin

and
the side
margins have gone. I keep reading about checking the white

space
box
but I
have done that and i still cant see the margins on the page?

Anyone help?