Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] andy.cotgreave@gmail.com is offline

Default IncludePicture problem

Hi,
I am trying to use includepicture to merge pictures.

This is the field that is not merging correctly:
{ IncludePicture "C:\\otw\\{ MERGEFIELD ProductPhotoReceived }" \d }

When I merge to a new document, and then do Ctrl+A and F9 I get empty
picture objects in the word document.

I have played around with the fields, and have put the following
fields in the merge:

{ IncludePicture "C:\\otw\\bhc.gif" \d }

{ MERGEFIELD ProductPhotoReceived }

{ IncludePicture "C:\\otw\\{ MERGEFIELD ProductPhotoReceived }" \d }

The first correctly shows the bhc.gif picture object. The second
correctly shows bhc.gif (which is the content of the
ProductPhotoReceived field) and yet the third, the combination of the
path and the ProductPhotoReceived field, doesn't work.

Please tell me I am missing something obvious! I've trawled through
the IncludePicture threads on this group, but to no avail! I am using
Office 2003, Windows XP SP2

Cheers,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

First thing |I always check is that the path names you are using with and
without the { MERGEFIELD } are identical - in particular, a space at one end
or the other can cause problems.

But assuming that isn't the problem, have you selected the nested fields and
re-exectuted them with F9? Does a picture appear at all if you preview? Have
you tried checking Word Tools|Options|Print|Update Fields and Update Links?

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] andy.cotgreave@gmail.com is offline

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the tip - in the end it wasn't either of the problems you
mentioned, but your tip did make me realise what i had done wrong:

Your mention of "nested" fields made me realise that my nested field
wasn't a proper nested field: i had just typed the open and close
curly brackets and put the MERGEFIELD info inside those.

I didn't realise that you have to use Insert...Field or Ctrl+F9 to
force Word to realise it _is_ actually a field....

Ta for your help!

Andy

INCLUDEPICTURE from URL LAR Mailmerge 4 February 1st 07 03:23 AM
Problem with includepicture - same picture repeated everywhere Wabiloo Mailmerge 2 December 6th 06 02:03 PM
Includepicture John Sutton Mailmerge 2 July 3rd 06 09:50 PM
INCLUDEPICTURE mail merge problem Colin Ziepe Mailmerge 2 September 28th 05 02:15 PM
Merge to Labels Problem using INCLUDEPICTURE Katherine Mailmerge 3 January 29th 05 11:26 AM