randallc

Default drop down directory list office 2003; slow response click on

Hi,
I have recently started using Office 2003 regularly and find that Word and
Excel (at least) have this same problem.
When I do File Ope/ or FileSave/ or File SaveAs etc, if I click in the
dialog box on "up directory" I'm OK, but the system hangs for minutes if I
click on the arrow to drop down the directory list.
It hapens on all computers I have tried, yet I cannot find reference to
this...?
Is there anyone can help please?
Thanks, Randall
garfield-n-odie

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop,
left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped
drives that are not currently available.

randallc wrote:

Hi,
I have recently started using Office 2003 regularly and find that Word and
Excel (at least) have this same problem.
When I do File Ope/ or FileSave/ or File SaveAs etc, if I click in the
dialog box on "up directory" I'm OK, but the system hangs for minutes if I
click on the arrow to drop down the directory list.
It hapens on all computers I have tried, yet I cannot find reference to
this...?
Is there anyone can help please?
Thanks, Randall

randallc

Hi
Thanks,
I'll try that; it will need some major changes to my setup though, in a
number of places; I would see that as a "work-around" for the problem; any
way to stop that behaviour in Office?
Thanks again, Randall