Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Popinho Popinho is offline

Default word document does not show images until I click print preview

I used cut and paste from one Word document to create another similar Word
document. The newly created document does not show any images until I click
print preview. Any suggestions??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elizabeth A. Bañuelos, MOS Master Elizabeth A. Bañuelos, MOS Master is offline

Hi Popinho,

Here are a few suggestions for your fix.

You may have turned on the Picture placeholders view option. When a document
contains pictures, turning on this option improves scrolling speed by
displaying outlines instead of the pictures. To display the pictures, click
Options on the Tools menu, click the View tab, and then clear the Picture
placeholders check box.

You may have turned off the Drawings view option. Turning off this option
improves scrolling speed when a document contains drawing objects, such as
AutoShapes. To display drawings, click Options on the Tools menu, click the
View tab, and select the Drawings check box.

Field codes for linked inline graphics may be displayed. Field codes are
instructions enclosed in field characters ({}). To turn field codes off and
display your graphic, press ALT+F9.

The graphic you want to see may be a drawing object €” such as a text box, an
AutoShape, clip art, or WordArt. Drawing objects are not visible in normal
view. To view, draw, and modify drawing objects, you must be working in print
layout view, Web layout view, or print preview.

You might be working in normal or outline view. To see how objects such as
headers, footers, or drawing objects will be positioned on the printed page,
switch to print layout view. To see how these objects will appear on a Web
page, switch to Web layout view.

Hope this helps!

Please reply through the newsgroup (personal consulting can be arranged for
a fee).
Thanks!