Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura F. Laura F. is offline

Default Hiding statistics information in Properties

I need to know if there is any way, other than converting to a .pdf document,
that I can hide the statistics information in the Properties section. I
don't want my employer to be able to see how long and when I have worked on a
document. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Laura

No, you can't hide that information. But most of the information about dates
and times in the File Properties isn't worth the electrons it's written
in. For example, open your file and use File Save As and save it with a
new name. Then check the properties again. That will probably solve most of
your issues.

If necessary, you can then delete the old file and re-name the new one with
the old name.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Laura F." Laura wrote in message
I need to know if there is any way, other than converting to a .pdf
document,
that I can hide the statistics information in the Properties section. I
don't want my employer to be able to see how long and when I have worked
on a
document. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Also, I *think* the editing time is one of the properties removed if you
enable "Remove personal information from file properties on save" (Tools |
Options | Security).

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura F.[_2_] Laura F.[_2_] is offline

Thank you so much. That just makes too much common sense is why I didn't
think of that before. I really appreciate your quick response.
Laura