VibSch

Default Custom labels settings

Hi, Iv'e created a custom sized label on one of my users computer. Word 2000.
My goal was to export this setting to use on all the other computers, but I
can't figure out how to do this. So, how to make a Custom label global to all
other users?

All help much appreciated,
--
BR,
:-)VibSch
Anne Troy

Set up a document using the custom label, and save it as a template. To my
knowledge, "distributing" a custom label isn't possible.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"VibSch" wrote in message
Hi, Iv'e created a custom sized label on one of my users computer. Word

2000.
My goal was to export this setting to use on all the other computers, but

can't figure out how to do this. So, how to make a Custom label global to

all
other users?

All help much appreciated,
--
BR,
:-)VibSch

Graham Mayor

You can export the registry entry where custom labels are stored, but only
to another Word 2000. Later versions use a different format. For later
versions you will need to make a record of the measurements and transfer
them manually.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Wo rd\Custom Labels

VibSch wrote:
Hi, Iv'e created a custom sized label on one of my users computer.
Word 2000. My goal was to export this setting to use on all the other
computers, but I can't figure out how to do this. So, how to make a
Custom label global to all other users?

All help much appreciated,

VibSch

Thanks Graham, found the registry entry, but - we are using roaming profiles
so is there a way of making this registry entry available to all user
profiles on the computer as they are active as "current user" when loged on?
--
BR,
:-)VibSch