Gladys

Default Change Continuous to Next Page

I have a User has a large document with A LOT of Continuous section breaks -
she would like to change them all to next page section breaks.

Is there a fast way to do this instead of deleting each one and readding the

She is using Office XP on WIn XP.

Thanks
Gladys

I answered my own question

Yes to do this I did the following

From Menu Bar Select File - Page Setup
Select the Layout Tab
In Section Start option select Next Page
Lower part of Dialog box select either this point forward or whole document

"Gladys" wrote:

I have a User has a large document with A LOT of Continuous section breaks -
she would like to change them all to next page section breaks.

Is there a fast way to do this instead of deleting each one and readding the

She is using Office XP on WIn XP.

Thanks

Luc

Gladys,
This is what I always do in Word 2002/2003. Not sure it will work in
previous versions.
Do a search and replace, search for section-end, replace with clipboard
contence. Yes, clipboard contence, delete everything that is in the
clipboard, insert a section-end next page in your document, select it (best
go to View - normal to do that easily) and copy it to the clipboard.
In the search and replace dialogue you can search for a section-end and in
the replace section choose clipboard content. Works fine, but I am sure
someone will drop in and produce a macro or some VBA code to do that far
more easily.
Luc

"Gladys" schreef in bericht
I have a User has a large document with A LOT of Continuous section

breaks -
she would like to change them all to next page section breaks.

Is there a fast way to do this instead of deleting each one and readding

She is using Office XP on WIn XP.

Thanks

1. Click on the button between the browse arrows (bottom of the vertical
scroll bar) and choose the browse object to Browse by Section.

2. In the first section to be changed, go to File | Page Setup. On the
Layout tab, change the section start to "New page."

3. Click the arrow for Next Section. Press F4.

4. Repeat as needed.