Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carl R Carl R is offline

Default change font direction

I have office 2003. I created a want add text portrait style that I want to
post on a bulletin board. At the bottom of this text I want to add my phone
number on multiple tear off tabs. My question is, the main part of the text
is going form left to right no problem their, but the bottom where I want to
add my phone #tear off tabs would go a diffrent direction from bottom towards
the top. Can the text be changed to a different direction for the font? Can
this be done, do you have any suggestions, or is it easier to just hand
write it in? If I did not explain myself correctly please say so and I will
rephrase.
--
Thank-you
Carl R
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Insert a one row table with as many columns as you need. You can then change
the text direction of the table text using the tables and borders toolbar.
Does this achieve what you want?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Carl R" wrote:

I have office 2003. I created a want add text portrait style that I want to
post on a bulletin board. At the bottom of this text I want to add my phone
number on multiple tear off tabs. My question is, the main part of the text
is going form left to right no problem their, but the bottom where I want to
add my phone #tear off tabs would go a diffrent direction from bottom towards
the top. Can the text be changed to a different direction for the font? Can
this be done, do you have any suggestions, or is it easier to just hand
write it in? If I did not explain myself correctly please say so and I will
rephrase.
--
Thank-you
Carl R

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi Carl,

It would be easiest to use a table.
On the "Tables and Borders" toolbar, there are two controls for the text
direction ... one looks like a vertical blue "A" with some arrows indicating
the current direction.
The other has some lines indicating the direction and alignment, and an
arrow to the right that opens a menu.

You can use eiter on the "tear off" cells at the bottom.

Regards,
Klaus