Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chuck Jurgens[_2_] Chuck Jurgens[_2_] is offline

Default Positioning tables

I am nesting a 1r x 7c table inside another table. I need the 1x7 table to
line
up with some text. It doesn't seem to want to do that. It wants to snap to
a grid (I think).

Is there a way to "nudge" the nested table into place?

TIA

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Place the cursor inside the table and then from the Tables menu, select
Properties and set the table to be left aligned and then set the indent from
left so that you achieve the alignment that you are after.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
I am nesting a 1r x 7c table inside another table. I need the 1x7 table to
line
up with some text. It doesn't seem to want to do that. It wants to snap
a grid (I think).

Is there a way to "nudge" the nested table into place?

TIA

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chuck Jurgens[_2_] Chuck Jurgens[_2_] is offline

Thanks Doug,

Actually, I wasn't specific enough. My problem is with vertical
positioning. I need to nudge the nested table up or down to align with my
text.

Chuck

Place the cursor inside the table and then from the Tables menu, select
Properties and set the table to be left aligned and then set the indent
from left so that you achieve the alignment that you are after.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
I am nesting a 1r x 7c table inside another table. I need the 1x7 table
to line
up with some text. It doesn't seem to want to do that. It wants to snap
a grid (I think).

Is there a way to "nudge" the nested table into place?

TIA

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Can you give a bit more information about the actual set up. Is the text
with which you want to align the table in the same cell as the nested table
or in an adjacent cell. Is it the text in the nested table that you want
aligned with the text in the outer table?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chuck Jurgens[_2_] Chuck Jurgens[_2_] is offline

Doug,

I have text in a cell in the main table. The nested table is in this cell.
There is test in the nested table. I want to align the text in the nested
table with the text in the cell.

I have tried setting the position of the nested table in the cell and it
comes close but not close enough. If I could "nudge" the nested table like
on the Drawing toolbar I could solve my problem.

[...]

Positioning autoshapes in tables Richard Tables 4 December 6th 06 05:21 PM
Picture Positioning MDW Page Layout 9 August 18th 06 06:15 PM
Table Positioning Help PLEASE!!! Bryan Bloom Tables 1 March 21st 06 08:47 AM
Positioning Graphics - what a big gap! eddie2am Page Layout 1 June 30th 05 01:48 AM
Positioning a table Matt Baretich Tables 7 January 5th 05 10:51 PM