Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default freezing table heading

i've created a Word table and its ended up being bigger than I thought. is
there a way that I can freeze the headings (like in excel)

I need the heading to stay static whilst scrolling through the document.
--
thanks
Cheryl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You cannot freeze it like in Excel. You can however have it repeat at the
top of every page by selecting Heading Rows Repeat from the Tables menu. I
realise that this is probably not what you want however.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cheryl" wrote in message
i've created a Word table and its ended up being bigger than I thought.
is
there a way that I can freeze the headings (like in excel)

I need the heading to stay static whilst scrolling through the document.
--
thanks
Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You could split the window:
Select Window Split which divides the window into two panes by inserting a
split bar (you can move the split bar as desired).
In the topmost pane, scroll so that you can see the table headings.
In the bottom pane, you can then view any part of the table and use the
headings in the topmost pane to guide you (the panes need to be in the same
zoom).

The split bar can be removed either by double-clicking it, by dragging it to
the top/bottom of the window or by selecting Window Remove Split.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"cheryl" wrote in message
i've created a Word table and its ended up being bigger than I thought.
is
there a way that I can freeze the headings (like in excel)

I need the heading to stay static whilst scrolling through the document.
--
thanks
Cheryl

Why does heading rows not repeat in table even when it is set Panda Tables 1 August 14th 06 11:17 PM
Table of contents heading for second page Seth Microsoft Word Help 1 June 15th 06 06:22 AM
Why isn't my table heading repeating? R&C Tables 2 November 9th 05 10:34 AM
Table Heading Nicole99 Page Layout 6 October 18th 05 08:35 PM
Heading 3,h3,Table Attribute Heading Elle Page Layout 1 July 28th 05 04:06 PM