Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joan at UCSF

Default Is there a way to add a note to a cell in a Word table?

I would like to be able to add a note to a cell in a table created in Word.
Is there a way to do this that operates in a similar manner to how you can
add a note to a cell in Excel.

I would like to add prompt questions to a form I am designing, and hidden
text won't work because it is not a case where you would replace the prompt
with the answer.

Thanks!
Joan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

On the Insert menu, click Comment. Type the desired text.

To display the text of each comment as a ToolTip when you rest the
mouse over the comment reference, do the following:

In Word 2003, click Options on the Tools menu. Click the Track Changes
tab. In the Use balloons (Print and Web Layout) box, choose "Never".
Click OK.

If you are using Word 2000, make sure that the "ScreenTips" option is
checked in ToolsOptions, View tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joan at UCSF" wrote in message
I would like to be able to add a note to a cell in a table created
in Word.
Is there a way to do this that operates in a similar manner to how
you can
add a note to a cell in Excel.

I would like to add prompt questions to a form I am designing, and
hidden
text won't work because it is not a case where you would replace the
prompt
with the answer.

Thanks!
Joan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mahesh mahesh is offline

Hi Stefan,
I need to add a tooltip info in the cell of MS word table which already has
some info. just by placing teh cursor over the particular cell the extra info
should appear oin a pop-up box/tooltip.I read your procedure but i'm not able
to find the Use balloons feature. I dont know if i have missed out any step
here. can you please send me the detailed procedure to add tooltip/screentip
info in a table cell please.
Thanks,
mahesh

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unlike Excel, Word does not allow you to attach a comment to the actual
cell; rather, it will be attached to the contents of the cell. The
following articles explains ScreenTips and balloons (among other things)
in Word
2003:

Show or hide ScreenTips
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH060829761033

Change the way tracked changes and comments look
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH063555981033

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP