Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BiggyTwo BiggyTwo is offline

Default Linking to Pictures

Hi All,

I would like to create links in my (Word 2003) document to photos on
the hard drive but not store the photos in the document itself. When I
try using the "Insert, picture, from file, link to file" method the
photos and not icons are visible in the document.

How can I get an icon to be displayed so that when I hover my mouse
over/click it the picture will then appear?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi BiggyTwo,

I would like to create links in my (Word 2003) document to photos on
the hard drive but not store the photos in the document itself. When I
try using the "Insert, picture, from file, link to file" method the
photos and not icons are visible in the document.

How can I get an icon to be displayed so that when I hover my mouse
over/click it the picture will then appear?

Word doesn't support this kind of thing. Word was designed - and remains
- a word processor. It's main task is to produce documents for printing.

While you could probably use macro code to do something about "click and
show", Word provides no "mouse over" events that you can leverage to do
anything like display a picture from an icon.

If you want to pursue the "click-and-show" idea, you should ask this in
the appropriate word.vba newsgroup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BiggyTwo BiggyTwo is offline

Thank you. Thought that Word could do it. (Any program you know of
that can?)

Cordially,

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
Hi BiggyTwo,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi BiggyTwo,

(Any program you know of that can?)

Not right off-hand (with the exception of a web browser,
like Internet Explorer, as far as the "click" part goes).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BiggyTwo BiggyTwo is offline

Cindy M -WordMVP

Thanks for your time.

bt

Linking to pictures et New Users 0 April 15th 06 03:47 PM
Linking captions to pictures Bill Hardwick Microsoft Word Help 4 June 20th 05 09:51 PM
problem printing pictures sciencedork Microsoft Word Help 2 June 1st 05 02:45 PM
Problems printing pictures in word sciencedork Microsoft Word Help 0 June 1st 05 12:13 AM
Word Doc with Picture(s) not showing up when you open the document Accaptain Microsoft Word Help 2 May 17th 05 06:44 PM