Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
forrestFL forrestFL is offline

Default I cannot type text in part of a table

Hi,

I am having trouble working in Word's "Professional Resume" template. I
realize that each of the sections in the resume template are actually tables.
I want to create a section with a bulleted list in two columns. I know it
can be done because I have a copy of my previous resume, in which I did this
using the same template. Let's say, for example, I want to use the section
labeled, "Education" to create a bulleted list appearing in two columns.
First I got rid of the line in this section above its bulleted list. I have
tried highlighting the existing bulleted list, which is a column, and then
using TableInsertColumns to the Right. When I look at the ruler at the
top, it appears to add a third column, but I can't type or even gat a cursor
in that new part of the table. Any Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Zm9ycmVzdEZM?=,

I am having trouble working in Word's "Professional Resume" template. I
realize that each of the sections in the resume template are actually tables.
I want to create a section with a bulleted list in two columns. I know it
can be done because I have a copy of my previous resume, in which I did this
using the same template. Let's say, for example, I want to use the section
labeled, "Education" to create a bulleted list appearing in two columns.
First I got rid of the line in this section above its bulleted list. I have
tried highlighting the existing bulleted list, which is a column, and then
using TableInsertColumns to the Right. When I look at the ruler at the
top, it appears to add a third column, but I can't type or even gat a cursor
in that new part of the table.

How about:

Start with the template, remove the top line.

Type your bulleted list.

Select the entire cell, then Table/Split cells and split it into two cells.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)