Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Default Table Puzzle

Today, I received a file from my friend which consist of many tables. All the
tables are fine except 2 tables on a page. Remember the Select Table button
which appears when you move your mouse around the table, which we use to
Select and Move the table easily. On those 2 tables the button is on the
right side. I tried all the Table Properties but it is still on the right
side. On all other tables it is on the left side. When I tried copying a
pasting those 2 tables in a new document the button still remains on the
right side. When I tried paste special with different ways another strange
thing happen. When I use "Paste as Unformatted Text" so later I can use "Text
To Table" the hole text was Transform. The entire table transform its text
from right to left instead of left to right. E.g. 5th column became the 1st
one and the 1st become the last one. So confusing.

Any Guess or Idea is most welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UmFqS29obGk=?=,

Today, I received a file from my friend which consist of many tables. All the
tables are fine except 2 tables on a page. Remember the Select Table button
which appears when you move your mouse around the table, which we use to
Select and Move the table easily. On those 2 tables the button is on the
right side. I tried all the Table Properties but it is still on the right
side. On all other tables it is on the left side. When I tried copying a
pasting those 2 tables in a new document the button still remains on the
right side. When I tried paste special with different ways another strange
thing happen. When I use "Paste as Unformatted Text" so later I can use "Text
To Table" the hole text was Transform. The entire table transform its text
from right to left instead of left to right. E.g. 5th column became the 1st
one and the 1st become the last one. So confusing.

It sounds as if some kind of right-to-left formatting was turned on where ever
these table originated. These days, there are so many RTL options, it's
difficult to guess where to start...

With which languages is the text in these tables formatted (Tools/Language/Set
language)?

What message does running this little macro display (make sure the cursor is in
a table)?

Sub IsTableRTL()
msgBox Selection.Tables(1).TableDirection _
=wdTableDirectionRtl
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland