Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Michael Koerner Michael Koerner is offline

Default Lost Macro

In 2003, I used to have a macro that after I ran a merge into a table, run
the macro that would, when placed in the first cell of the table:

Insert a new row,
Combine and Center (vertically and horizontally) all the cells in that row,
Put a border around the Cell and fill it with 10% grey, and set it to Bold
and enter the first Alpha Character for the whatever name was in the
beginning cell.
The macro would insert this row, insert the alpha character every time the
first letter in the first column changed. Which looked something like this

-------------------
------------------
Adams
Armstrong
-----------------
-----------------
Brown...

Unfortunately, when I inserted office 7 that macro can no longer to be
found. I have in 2007 using the create macro thingy created a macro which
will put in the new row wherever I put the cursor and run the macro. Would
really like to automate the process again if possible. any help would be
greatly appreciated. TIA

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Michael,

[...]

Inserted Office 7? I suppose you mean installed Office 12 (=2007)?

Don't you back up your templates occasionally? Especially Normal.dot (in which
I assume the macro was created)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org