Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Phippsy Phippsy is offline

Default Formatting cells in a table style

When I create a new table style you get the option to format the top left
cell, top right cell bottom etc. when I change any of these they do not
appear in the style. Is there some control on them?
thanks
Debbie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What changes are you making? Note that table styles are unpredictable,
especially with respect to fonts and font sizes (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html).

A safer approach is to create an example table, formatted the way you want
it, and then create an AutoText entry from it. Whenever you need the
formatting, just insert the AutoText. Of course, this does not allow you to
easily modify existing tables in a document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Phippsy" wrote in message
When I create a new table style you get the option to format the top left
cell, top right cell bottom etc. when I change any of these they do not
appear in the style. Is there some control on them?
thanks
Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline