Peg

Default word shuts down suddenly

Hello, while typing a report word shuts down and takes me back to my opening
page with all the content lost. We save constantly, however the problem
seems to be happening more frequently.
Graham Mayor

Obviously that shouldn't happen. Start with
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then work through the
trouble shooting tips at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Peg wrote:
Hello, while typing a report word shuts down and takes me back to my
opening page with all the content lost. We save constantly, however
the problem seems to be happening more frequently.

Peg

Thanks Graham, I will try this and let you know how it goes. It happened
again last night while my daughter was typing a paper for school, it seems
worse when she is typing alot of numbers or in spanish.

Peg wrote:
Hello, while typing a report word shuts down and takes me back to my
opening page with all the content lost. We save constantly, however
the problem seems to be happening more frequently.

Peg

I have done all the steps you recommended and it still keeps shutting
down...any other ideas??? Peg

"Peg" wrote:

Hello, while typing a report word shuts down and takes me back to my opening
page with all the content lost. We save constantly, however the problem
seems to be happening more frequently.

Graham Mayor

If you still get the problem when working in Word's safe mode, it is
probably fair to say that the problem has nothing to do with Word per se.
This will make it much more difficult to track down - but it would be worth
re-installing the printer driver.