Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy Cindy is offline

Default Header not visible in print preview and doesn't print

I have several word documents where there are headers and footers such as
electronic letterhead copies and label files where the small company logo
graphic will not print on hard copy and when viewed in 'print preview' these
things do not show as part of the document either. It's as though they are
hidden.

I've searched all tools,options, etc. trying to fnd a setting that may have
accidentally have been turned off (or on) that would be causing this, but
have had no success. I also have a friend who attibutes every issue to a
'virus' so I have run several virus and malware scans and did not encounter
any issues.

A week ago these documents were fine and now they are not. Need help, please!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Header not visible in print preview and doesn't print

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing is related to the visibility settings for headers and footers in Microsoft Word. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:
  1. Check the visibility settings: In Word, go to the "View" tab and make sure that the "Print Layout" view is selected. Then, click on the "Print Layout" button in the "Views" group. This should display the headers and footers in your document. If they are still not visible, go to the "File" tab, click on "Options," and then select "Display." Under the "Always show these formatting marks on the screen" section, make sure that the "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" option is selected.
  2. Check the header and footer settings: Make sure that the headers and footers are set up correctly in your document. To do this, go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Header" or "Footer." Make sure that the correct header or footer is selected and that it contains the content you want to print. You can also try deleting the existing header or footer and adding a new one to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Check the printer settings: Make sure that your printer is set up correctly and that it is not causing the issue. Try printing a different document to see if the issue persists. You can also try updating your printer drivers to see if that resolves the issue.
  4. Try copying the content to a new document: If none of the above steps work, try copying the content from your existing document to a new document. This can sometimes resolve formatting issues that are causing problems with headers and footers.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your headers and footers not printing. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In Tools Options Print, make sure "Drawing objects" is checked. (If it's
Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Display and check "Print
drawings created in Word".)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman