Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flower Flower is offline

Default Medical Transcription uses @Word 2003

I am beginning Medical Transcription and need Word 2003 or WP 2003. I was
told in Word 2007 I could use a drop down window and turn it into Word 2003.
Is that true? Also is there a free trial tha I can download. I only found
2007.
Thanks, Flower
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No and no.

As long as you save your documents as Word 97-2003 format, the resulting
document will be fine. Why do they require Word 2003?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Flower" wrote in message
I am beginning Medical Transcription and need Word 2003 or WP 2003. I was
told in Word 2007 I could use a drop down window and turn it into Word
2003.
Is that true? Also is there a free trial tha I can download. I only
found
2007.
Thanks, Flower

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flower Flower is offline

Word 2003 is the version that the doctors use. They are also only using
Windows XP Prof, also.

"Flower" wrote in message
I am beginning Medical Transcription and need Word 2003 or WP 2003. I was
told in Word 2007 I could use a drop down window and turn it into Word
2003.
Is that true? Also is there a free trial tha I can download. I only
found
2007.
Thanks, Flower

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you save from Word 2007 as Word97-2003 the doctors will be able to open
the documents you create from Word 2007.
You *may* be able to find Office 2003 available at your local PC store ...if
trade has been slack

"Flower" wrote in message
I am beginning Medical Transcription and need Word 2003 or WP 2003.
I was told in Word 2007 I could use a drop down window and turn it
into Word 2003.
Is that true? Also is there a free trial tha I can download. I
only found
2007.
Thanks, Flower

ShalSimmer ShalSimmer is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

"Flower" wrote in message
I am beginning Medical Transcription and need Word 2003 or WP 2003. I was
told in Word 2007 I could use a drop down window and turn it into Word
2003.
Is that true? Also is there a free trial tha I can download. I only
found
2007.
Thanks, Flower

I have seen that Word 2003 is the version that the doctors use. And I have installed Word 2007 full version!!!