lantek1

Default question about normal.dot and changing language of office

Using Office2003. We have a customized normal.dot and have noticed when you
go into start|Programs|Microsoft Office|Microsoft Office Tools|Microsoft
Office Langauge Settings. And change the language from English US to English
UK. The next time Word is launched the normal.dot is being renamed to
normal.dot.old and a new normal.dot is copied over. It will only do this for
the first time a user logs on to that PC and launches Word. Once this is done
you can copy back the orginal normal.dot and it will not try to rename it
unless you remove the profile on the PC and log back in. Is there anyway to
prevent the normal.dot from being renamed initially?