Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MatthewTap

Default Is it possible to generate footer based on data?

I have a footer that is populated with the current page's "Heading 2"; and I
use this template often.

However, sometimes the work I do does not include having a "Heading 2", and
so obviously I can just delete that part of the footer.

But, I was wondering if there's any way that I could have the footer
populate the field if there is a Heading 2.

[to have it populate the Heading 2 in the footer, I go to:
Insert
Field
switch the "Categories:" drop down to "Links and References"
in the resulting Field names: list I click on "StyleRef"
And then click on "Heading 2" in the resulting Style name: list.

.... in case that helps]

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks, and happy new year!
Matt