Hawk Indoor air, Inc.

Default Office 2000 Word Saved Document & Need to read in Office 2003 Word

I have very important saved documents in Word 2000 of Office 2000. My PC has
Word 2003 of Office installed and I need to read in Word 2003. When I try to
open the saved document is ask for to open in a format and a converter. I do
not have a disc. Can I download to take care of this problem?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SGF3ayBJbmRvb3IgYWlyLCBJbmMu?=,

I have very important saved documents in Word 2000 of Office 2000. My PC has
Word 2003 of Office installed and I need to read in Word 2003. When I try to
open the saved document is ask for to open in a format and a converter. I do
not have a disc. Can I download to take care of this problem?

Impossible to say without knowing the text in the error message.

However, Word 2000 uses the exact same file format as Word 2003, so Word 2003
should be able to open a Word 2000 document without any special converter. But
we'd still need to know the exact text of the error message to make any
suggestions.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org