Sam

Default How to insert page numbers starting on the third page?

Hello,

Word only allows us to decide whether or not we want page numbers on the
first page. What if I don't want a page number on pages 1 and 2 of the
document, and want to display page number [set to value of say 40] starting
on third page [i.e., the third page in the document has "40" displayed on the
bottom; the fourth page - "41" ,etc]?

Thank you for your help

Daiya Mitchell

Answered elsewhere with this link:
See he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

Please don't post separate messages to multiple groups, as then people may
waste their time trying to help you when you already received the answer
elsewhere and have gone away....

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] marze000@yahoo.com is offline

I want my numbers to start on page 5 of my document how do I do that without
pushing down my text and typing my text.

"Sam" wrote:

Hello,

Word only allows us to decide whether or not we want page numbers on the
first page. What if I don't want a page number on pages 1 and 2 of the
document, and want to display page number [set to value of say 40] starting
on third page [i.e., the third page in the document has "40" displayed on the
bottom; the fourth page - "41" ,etc]?

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Insert a section immediately before page 5, start numbering on the next
page.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

" wrote in
message ...

"Sam" wrote:

Hello,

Word only allows us to decide whether or not we want page numbers on
the
first page. What if I don't want a page number on pages 1 and 2 of the
document, and want to display page number [set to value of say 40]
starting
on third page [i.e., the third page in the document has "40" displayed
on the
bottom; the fourth page - "41" ,etc]?

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement