Max

Default In Word, what does the "box and arrow" mean?

There is an arrow and a box on my screen which moves with my mouse. I don't
know how it got there or what it means. Can you help?
Anne Troy

I think you may have pushed in on your wheel mouse wheel. Try clicking
again.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Max" wrote in message
There is an arrow and a box on my screen which moves with my mouse. I
don't
know how it got there or what it means. Can you help?

Jay Freedman

The only "arrow and box" cursor I can think of is the one you get
while recording a macro -- the "box" is a drawing of a tape cassette.
If that's the case, though, you should also see the Macro Recorder
toolbar floating in the upper left; and, less obviously, the letters
REC in the status bar will be black instead of gray.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman