Buggy

Default How do I delete the last page of a word document that has nothing.

How do I delete the last page of a word document on it that has nothing on it?
Jay Freedman

Buggy wrote:
How do I delete the last page of a word document on it that has
nothing on it?

Hi Buggy,

You need to find out what's causing the page to break at that point.
Although the page looks blank, there's always *something* there. The first
step is to press the ¶ button to turn on nonprinting character display. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for explanations of
the marks.

- Are there a bunch of empty paragraph marks, spaces, tabs, etc.? Delete any
nonprinting characters between the last printing character and the end of
the document. Word won't let you delete the very last one.

- Is there a manual page break, a section break, or a column break? If it's
a next-page or even/odd page section break, be careful before you delete
it -- see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm to see
how to retain its formatting. The other two can just be deleted.

- Is there a paragraph mark with "Page break before" turned on? If you see a
little black square in the left margin, this could be it. Look at the second
tab of the Format Paragraph dialog, and uncheck the box if needed.

- Is there a table that extends to the bottom of the page before? If so, you
can't delete the final paragraph mark, but you can format its font size as 1
pt.

If none of these, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,