Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
preeto preeto is offline

Default concordance file

Where is concordance file present in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

preeto wrote:
Where is concordance file present in Word 2007?

Use Help in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
preeto preeto is offline

I found nothing about the way a concordance file is created in Word 2007 in
Word help.When i tried googling it,i found out something about how it is done
in Word 2003.But i really need to know whether it can be created in Word 2007
..Please help..!

"Poprivet" wrote:

preeto wrote:
Where is concordance file present in Word 2007?

Use Help in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Preeto,

A concordance based index in Word 2007 isn't too much different from the 2003 version, but as mentioned here, it's not always
considered to be a particularly useful approach
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/Createindex.htm
The main difference between the Word 2003 procedure here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...892831933.aspx
to create the concordance table and files is that in Word 2007 Insert=Table is on the ribbon rather than on the 'standard
toolbar'.

To apply the concordance to create an indexed Word document,
rather than using
Word 2003's Insert=Reference=Index and Tables=Index
start in
Word 2007's References=Insert Index

In Word Help if you search on
old keyboard commands
you'll see several links to finding where Word 2003 items are in Word 2007.

==================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Between the Lakes Between the Lakes is offline

The second link is no longer available, but I really appreciate your response
to this query.
--
Geoff Brown
Between the Lakes Group

"preeto" wrote in message ...

I found nothing about the way a concordance file is created in Word 2007 in
Word help.When i tried googling it,i found out something about how it is done
in Word 2003.But i really need to know whether it can be created in Word 2007
..Please help..!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, MS has a bad habit of moving things and breaking links.

"preeto" wrote in message

I found nothing about the way a concordance file is created in Word 2007

in
Word help.When i tried googling it,i found out something about how it is

done
in Word 2003.But i really need to know whether it can be created in Word

2007
..Please help..!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Can't open file in Office 2003 Word or Excel from Windows Explorer Larry Frohman Microsoft Word Help 11 November 16th 06 02:55 PM
Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
Indexing with a concordance file john Microsoft Word Help 2 April 11th 06 07:12 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Restricting automark with concordance file Roger Nye Microsoft Word Help 0 March 7th 05 06:43 PM