Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phippsy Phippsy is offline

Default Unprotect part of a form

In previous versions of Word you could protect sections where a form appeared
in one section. I have 2003 and want to have part of a document as a form
which is obviously locked and the rest of the document able to be edited. Can
I do this?
Thanks
Debbie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Phippsy wrote:
In previous versions of Word you could protect sections where a form
appeared in one section. I have 2003 and want to have part of a
document as a form which is obviously locked and the rest of the
document able to be edited. Can I do this?
Thanks
Debbie

Place a section break before and after the part that you want to protect. In
the Protect Document task pane, after you select "Filling in forms" in the
Editing Restrictions area, a "Select sections" link will appear below that
dropdown. Click that, and uncheck any sections that you don't want to
protect.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman