Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
darklyndsea darklyndsea is offline

Default Strange new document settings

Whenever I open a new document, it starts with really strange settings. The
paper size is 13.16"x18". The top and bottom margins are 0" and the side
margins are 0.1". There's an indent of 0.65" on both sides, plus the usual
first line indent. Is there any way to change the defaults? Because I don't
want my professors to get upset if I forget to change one of the settings to
what it should be.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm. Although the
article talks about having text stuck in the Normal.dot template, in your
case it's formatting. The solution is the same -- rename or move Normal.dot
and let Word build a new one for you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

darklyndsea wrote:
Whenever I open a new document, it starts with really strange
settings. The paper size is 13.16"x18". The top and bottom margins
are 0" and the side margins are 0.1". There's an indent of 0.65" on
both sides, plus the usual first line indent. Is there any way to
change the defaults? Because I don't want my professors to get upset
if I forget to change one of the settings to what it should be.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
darklyndsea darklyndsea is offline

Unfortunately, deleting or renaming normal.dotm just causes it to be replaced
by a new normal.dotm which is exactly the same; however, the other method on
that page worked. I just hope I didn't miss anything.