Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Serendipity Serendipity is offline

Default Can't edit a Word document.

Using Word 2003. I copied a Word document from a CD and saved it to my hard
drive to edit it. I was going along editing fine but then all of a sudden I
couldn't do anything--couldn't highlight, couldn't change any text, etc.
Also, many of the menu options are greyed out. The document is not read-only
unless there is a setting that I don't know about. I saved it again from the
CD, and I couldn't edit it. I saved it to another computer, and I can't edit
that document either. I think this file was created in Word 97. What is going
on?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No messages?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Serendipity" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. I copied a Word document from a CD and saved it to my
hard
drive to edit it. I was going along editing fine but then all of a sudden
couldn't do anything--couldn't highlight, couldn't change any text, etc.
Also, many of the menu options are greyed out. The document is not
read-only
unless there is a setting that I don't know about. I saved it again from
the
CD, and I couldn't edit it. I saved it to another computer, and I can't
edit
that document either. I think this file was created in Word 97. What is
going
on?

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Serendipity Serendipity is offline

No, no messages. My first thought was that my mouse wasn't working. But then
noticed the greyed menu items. I can click in the document, but not do
anything there.

Thanks.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

No messages?