Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lindsielouwho lindsielouwho is offline

Default Page Numbering Issue

I am working on a file that contains several different sections. I have
prompted Word to "continue from previous section" on the page number format
window. I want the document to start with page 1 (the header and folio on
page one are hidden). Generally I can accomplish this, however, word keeps
resetting the page numbers to 6 or 18... or whatever. Even though I maintain
in the page number formating that I want it to start with page 1. I have
changed the page numbers manually as well (by clicking on the number and
changing each one), but it still changes them back. Any suggestions would
be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arun arun is offline

In Page setup take headers and footers,select different first page and then
I think this will help you