Nicola

Default ALT+SHIFT+Arrow shortcut to move table rows

Hi

I am working in a Word97 document that has recently been converted to a Word
2003 document. I am currently viewing and modifying a table in the document
whilst in Word 2003 and the standard ALT+SHIFT+Arrow shortcut used to quickly
relocate a table row is not working as expected.

When I select a row (or position my cursor in a row) and use the shortcut,
surrounding rows are also being highlighted and moved up/down. Sometimes
this is resulting in a table split. (Note: In some instances attempting to
relocate a paragraph of text using this shortcut results in a similar
problem).

Is this a conversion issue, compatibility option or a problem with the
actual table? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou
Nicola

Klaus Linke

Hi Nicola,

I don't remember having heard of new bugs with OutlineMoveUp/Down
(Alt+Shift+Up/Down), either using it on table rows, or on paragraphs.
Perhaps it's a problem with the particular document?

Tables do seem to corrupt more easily in the newer versions.

If you mail me a sample doc to my private mail address, and describe which
rows are giving you trouble, I could try to reproduce it, or maybe find out
what's causing it.

Regards,
Klaus

Nicola wrote:
[...]

Klaus Linke

When I select a row (or position my cursor in a row) and use the shortcut,
surrounding rows are also being highlighted and moved up/down.

I just saw that behaviour, too. Unfortunately I didn't remember Stefan's
suggestion. And now after closing/re-opening the document, I can't reproduce
it or test the suggestion.

Klaus